For most people, the single most important action you can take to prevent Article 34 from becoming law is to contact your local officials and let them know where you stand. Here is some information to help you do that.
- It is our considered opinion that a phone call is more effective than email, and that an old-fashioned typed or hand-written letter is more effective still.
- Please be calm, civil, and respectful. Every town official we’ve communicated with, even those who disagree with us, has treated us with courtesy and respect, and we owe them no less in return.
- Please sign your name. Some anonymous missives have been sent out concerning this initiative, and they were not well received by Town Meeting. We need to put real faces on those this ban would affect. The town needs to understand that this ban will impact friends and neighbors with whom we live, work and socialize every day.
- Here is a list of all Town Meeting members by precinct, along with their addresses and phone numbers.
- If you are unsure what precinct you are in, please consult this map.
- If you wish to contact your TM member by email, click here.
- Here is the Board of Selectmen, along with their phone numbers, email and office hours.